This week, Ingham Intermediate School District (ISD) hosted the 19th Annual Ingham Student Art Exhibit in conjunction with the Lansing Art Gallery and the Michigan Education Leadership Group (MELG). Mason Public Schools students lead the pack with a very strong showing in this year’s event. Out of the 50 total pieces selected, 13 winning entries are from Mason students.
Mason Public Schools student winners include:
- Jayna Bennett - Mason High School
- Ocean Chantelois - Steele Elementary
- Vivan Chase - Steele Elementary
- Grace Edick - Mason High School
- Allison French* - Mason High School (*Ms. French had two winning submissions)
- Cassandra Gates - Mason High School
- Evangeline Lake - Alaiedon Elementary
- Josie Murgittroyd - North Aurelius Elementary
- Amy Nguyen - Mason High School
- Unity Rodriquez - Mason High School
- Austyn Southwell - Mason High School
- Jorga Wooledge - Alaiedon Elementary
The Student Art Exhibit is open to all students within the Ingham ISD service area for artwork created during the 2018-19 school year. Each participating school is allowed to submit up to 20 entries. This year, 19 schools submitted 392 entries from local elementary, middle and high school students. From these entries, a qualified juror selected 50 works of art to be professionally framed and exhibited. “The artwork blew my ears back,” said Juror, Paloma Rosales. These selected 22 pieces of art are now on display at Ingham ISD in Mason. The remaining 28 pieces of art are on display at the Michigan Education Leadership Group (MELG) building and Lansing Art Gallery.